• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CJV150/CJV300 Pre-Cut, Possible or not?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
It's definitely doable. I don't have a Rasterlink computer near to look at but if I remember correctly, it's in the composition tab. You just need to reverse the layers so that the cut happens first.

cryptod

Hi,

In RasterLink when you create a print/cut job you have an option in the composition window (see pic attached). When you tick the box, a mirror effect is applied to the layers. So definitely has nothing to do with the order.

However you can change order by using drag and drop in this list. I've tried it and it works on rasterLink but i have never tried this on the printer.

Attached also are some screenshots from the RasterLink 6 manual freely available online

Hope this helps.
screen 2.jpg screen 3.jpg sreen signs 101.jpg

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
yes, but why?
After the cutting you can no longer printing.

The feature allows you to cut and then print over the cut. The idea is that it cuts down on edge curl by releasing the inherent tension in the vinyl before the solvent softens it.

OLE

Yes, that was the point, cutting before printing is not only possible but very useful option.
I'll try to do it on the machine, in RL6 seems it works.

OLE

I tried to do it on the printer and it's NOT working, simply printing is always the first operation.