• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help CJV150 have to set Print & Cut origin adjust every job

MonoJoker

Hi all,

Got a CJV150 we've had for about 3 months and every time I do a Print & Cut job the X origin seems to be out. Y doesn't seem to vary. I've run the P&C Origin Adjust several times and often have to re-run it after the next job I send cuts out of the print... I'm only setting the 720dpi resolution adjustment on the printer as that's all I ever print at (720x1080 VD). Today I ran a P&C and it was less than 1mm out across a 730mm wide set of logos but still enough to just fall outside the bleed on my image. These are a single print file of about 65mm wide I've sent to the printer and stepped up to 8 across the page.

So I ran P&C Adjust from within RL6Pro and it required an X axis adjust value of 2. Y was spot on.

Can anyone suggest what I need to do to get it to print and cut accurately every time? Can provide more details and screenshots of the settings in Rasterlink Pro 6 if needed.

Thanks.

MonoJoker

No ideas anyone? :( I did a P&C origin adjust again today and I got values of 0 for X and -5 for Y. So it's the Y axis that's out every time I do a P&C job. Very frustrating as I have to calibrate every time even for very small cut jobs.

paperstrategies

might sound stupid, but When i first got my machine I ran into a similar problem. The bar that holds the media in the back wasn't square. It's only held on with 1 bolt on each side. It might be worth it to loosen them push the bar flush against the machine and tighten them again.

MonoJoker

No crop marks, just doing print and cut straight from Illustrator using a cut line colour swatch. Thanks.

Last edited:

cprvh

I know this is an older post, but curious if you figured out the issue. I have a brand new CJV150 that does exactly the same thing. I run the registration through Rasterlink and make the adjustments on the printer. Prints the next job perfect and goes back to being off about 1mm for following jobs.

The machine compensates the values for every print resolution. It has a value for 720dpi, 1080, 1440 etc (this is why the error appears only on feed direction). You can find an online PDF how to set it up properly, until then you can cheat and use registration marks. With registration marks I have less than 1/32 error on 120" and 1/16 without reg marks.

cprvh

I am having the issue even using registration marks. Go through the alignment procedure, print a job just fine and the next job is off. I'm going to be waiting on the installation tech to figure it out.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I am having the issue even using registration marks. Go through the alignment procedure, print a job just fine and the next job is off. I'm going to be waiting on the installation tech to figure it out.

Hopefully the tech can get it going. That's the easiest way to go.

You might think about applying the Teflon strips that come with the printer to the platen. This will help the material slide across the platen better and may help with accuracy. Keep in mind that different materials will need a different P/C adjustment due to thickness differences and different liners. That being said, it should be a little more constant than you are describing.

cprvh

The material was bunching up between the pinch rollers and the media hold downs. I added the Teflon strips and set the vacuum to weak...now it's working. Thank you much!