• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CJV30-100 X Overcurrent error

bmw_ante

Hello!

i Have some trouble with a customers new CJV30-100, It is one week old but now when he does a Print&cut job it print fine and then starts cutting but the cutting ends in the middle of everything and the printer says X Overcurrent error....

at first i though it was a static electricity issue between the vinyl and the heater , I have tried to wipe off the heater with fabrik softener mixed with water and then tried to cut again...No just the same error

Other things we have tried is lowering the cutting pressure

Robert M

Mimaki

We had the same problem, we upgrade the firmware to 2.1 an the cutting issues resolved. There is also a anti static kit for that printer but I have not installed it.

bmw_ante

Oket thanks Robert thats worth checkning out, Dit you have the problem when doing "regular cut" or only when doing Print&Cut?

Neil

We had the same problem, we upgrade the firmware to 2.1 an the cutting issues resolved.

Not related to the OP, but I thought I'd add...

That new firmware also adds a new option for print & cut alignment for if you want to print/cut without any reg marks. You can calibrate your cut size to your print size so they both line up exactly the same.

I was having trouble getting exact contour cuts when using reg marks, but after re-calibrating and adjusting the offset I get 100% accurate cuts now.

bmw_ante

Not related to the OP, but I thought I'd add...

That new firmware also adds a new option for print & cut alignment for if you want to print/cut without any reg marks. You can calibrate your cut size to your print size so they both line up exactly the same.

I was having trouble getting exact contour cuts when using reg marks, but after re-calibrating and adjusting the offset I get 100% accurate cuts now.

Do you menan the calibration that first prints blue squares and then cuts one ?

If you are meaning this one then i problably alredy have the latest firmware and that i have no clue what the problem is :(

bmw_ante

Same problem still... Sometimes it says Error-36...It can not detect reg marks.... The marks are totally ok...

phil braham

I get the error as well, usually after it finishes printing, it pulls the vinyl back a little and the take up causes it, I lightened up the tension to just about nothing and this helps. Never happens in cut mode, seems that the motor is more powerful in this mode, maybe 2 different currents.
also the vinyl sticks to the machine and bunches up after the rollers.
Causes miscuts and mark detection errors. Doesn't happen with reflectives maybe because the backing paper is a little greasy. Think the machine needs the raised parts near the platen like on the cgfx so the vinyl runs freely. Anyone have a link for the 2.1 firmware I found version 2. Asked the distributor for it be they are mucking me around a bit!

Neil

G'day Phil, I'm pretty sure the latest is v2. I'll check mine when I fire it up tomoz. Got the firmware upgrade from Tek Cad, you could try them in Perth.
They didn't leave the file on my computer so I can't send it to you.

phil braham

I had a little upset with them a while ago so I get my stuff from over east.
I have version 2, got it off the mimaki site. these errors are a real pain, I will probably think of something to fix it myself, if I do I will post it
Maybe the motors aren't strong enough, they were pretty pissy in the EX cutters

bmw_ante

If the only problem is X Overcurrent there is a antistatic cling prevention net to buy ! And if it still does not work good you can adjust the X motor current in the maintenance menu

Neil

BTW Phil, my latest firmware is indeed V2.1. Probably released around end of Jan. Good luck.

bmw_ante

tahnks for that! I will order one of those and adjust the current up a bit & see how it goes.

When you adjust the current you have to listen to a hunting sound, You have to adjust so that the hunting stops, You know what sound i mean if you try to adjust it a bit up or down,

phil braham

Finally fixed the problem, ran teflon tape all over the aluminium platen
fixed the problem, whats the bet the next model has a nw slippery platen!

Safetyguy

What is the power like in your building? Are there fluctuations / transients from other equipment like copiers & compressors? Have you got it on a UPS?

Solvyman

I suppose it is closer but there is no problem.
Power if great, no problems there.
Funny thing, Mimaki have a fix sheet for this ( I have a copy)
it says,: put teflon tape on the platten!