• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CJV30-130 and poster paper - print problem

dejancurk

Hi guys,

I'm using skyblue poster paper on CJV30-130 with SS21 CMYK. Can you recommend any color profile or settings? I think it is laying to much ink.

Thanks

unmateria

Hi :) those kind of cheap papers are not made for full ink coverage (to watch a poster from near). You have 2 options... Limit ink manually (if u print ur vinyls about 200-250%, in this paper try below 140%) or with a densitometer (u will have to limit ink by colours first if patches are bleeding), or use patterns (i think thats the name in english, in spanish is trama/tramado)... Try with an statochastic pattern and small dots. A delay between passes can help to if you want somewhat vivid colours (but generally... forget about getting vivid colours seen from near with that paper). Those papers works well with uv and maybe látex (dont really know) but with mild/eco solvent are garbage and their white point is usually very bad and random too between rolls

dejancurk

Thanks for the info, I will definitely buy better paper for indoor posters to watch from small distance.
I have limited the ink density and it was better but still not great. I will try patterns.

unmateria

Yeah try a normal cheap photo paper with coating for ecosolvent... Are about 1.4€/m2 and look amazing with very little effort, and saturate a lot with very little ink. A normal mate-satin is great to have too... But in general, forget about uncoated cheap things for ecosolvent... Prints much better with cheap water based plotters.
If you want something all-terrain, not full mate, not full photo and good backlight, try any GOOD citylight, there are many good between 1.3-2€/m2

dejancurk

I'm using solvent inks. Should be ok?
I'll buy photo and mate-satin and try it out. I can also get citylight. I'll write down how it went, for anybody who reads this afterwards.