• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CJV30-130 Cutting off

121a

Ever since we got the machine, the cutting accuracy has been less than desirable. It seems the machine is off in the X-axis direction. For example, if we print a 1x3 rectangle, it will cut the 1" sides dead on(y-axis), but the length (x-axis) off by a mm or two. We are kinda getting fed up with it and would like to know if this is normal or if there are any corrections we can put into the machine to allow it to be dead on anyway it cuts. Thanks.

Out There

There are a couple adjustments you can make depending if your cutting with or without reg marks.

Cutting without reg marks you can set the PC origin offset and/or PC scale adjust.

For cutting with reg marks you will need to put the pen in a do a pointer offset adjustment.

If you have a manual it's in chapter 4-32 and 4-20

121a

Nope, short cuts for 1.5"x3" stickers. Off on the X-Axis of cutting, Y-Axis is dead on. I am cutting with registration marks. I also did the pointer offset adjustment and it was a tad bit off from the last time I did it. Also changed the cut detail to fine. I left work with it still cutting so we will see when I return tomorrow. It was looking much better but it is hard to tell.

Also I changed the cut speed down to 10m/s. Thanks for the replies!

121a

The strange thing is, I thought we had it dialed in. Although today we did have a bit of an issue with the cutter unit. The data cable became dislodged from the track it usually sits in. We called Grimco (where we bought the printer) and sent pictures. They told us to just put it back in and it should be fine. Wondering if that is now having something to do with it. At least it is good to know that it can cut dead on, or at least close to it.