• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cjv30 130 printing issues

KBROOKE

I was hoping someone would be able to help me out !!

I feel like the problem is due to ink starvation.

I did the regime of 99min nozzle wash, system flush, cleaned everywhere and everything and still not printing properly.

The yellow and black dampers are filled half way... and they are printing fine..

The cyan and magenta dampers are empty .. and will not fill up after I perform an ink fill up..

Is there a way I can properly manually fill the dampers?

The pump works fine.. I established this by running a pump wash and watched as the pump released cleaning solution on to the capping station.

Does any one know any other steps I could take to fill the dampers? Or to get the machine to supply ink to the print head???

ChrisMartin

Hmmmm... I am not sure. I have this same printer. Maybe you can call the technician who installed it? He/she might have some other answers.

KBROOKE

I had a tech come in ..

He told me I need a new print head..

I don't think that's the case.

The printer was working fine.. It was printing every colour.

The only problem I had was the black was printing fuzzy.. The tech came in.. Fixed the fuzzy black.. But then the Cyan and Magenta stopped working...

To which he responded I need a new print head...

I did a head cleaning ... where you manually flush cleaning solution through the head..

And had all the colours printing fine .

Now the dampers won't fill back up even after I command the machine to do an ink fill up..

So there is no ink being supplied to the head..

I've read that you can pull ink through the damper with a syringe ...

But then I read somewhere else that if you do it improperly i'm just gunna run in to more problems..

Maybe my Cyan and Magenta dampers are toast and I just need new ones...

But does anyone know how to properly prime them ???

:corndog::Big Laugh:loveya::rolleyes:

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Do some searching on here. Its been gone over more than once on how to fill the dampers on a JV33/CJV machine. On these machines the dampers should be full (not half full like the old DX4 head machines). Basically you enter service mode and go to the ink valve solenoid test and open the ink solenoid for the color you want to fill - have the damper on the ink line held upside down with some paper towels, open the ink valve, then gently press in the circular side of the damper (to open the internal valve in the damper) and ink will flow into it, let off when its full, then close the solenoid in the machine menu.

If the dampers are more than a year old I'd suggest replacing them as well. Also - be aware that the cheap generic $5 dampers often have problems - I have had them not sealing internally, pinhole leaks in the hard plastic causing air to get in, etc.... OEM Mimaki dampers will likely always work perfect.

KBROOKE

@sightline

THANK YOU SO MUCH !

I will definitely give this a try.

I'll give an update after I complete this procedure.

KBROOKE

Do some searching on here. Its been gone over more than once on how to fill the dampers on a JV33/CJV machine. On these machines the dampers should be full (not half full like the old DX4 head machines). Basically you enter service mode and go to the ink valve solenoid test and open the ink solenoid for the color you want to fill - have the damper on the ink line held upside down with some paper towels, open the ink valve, then gently press in the circular side of the damper (to open the internal valve in the damper) and ink will flow into it, let off when its full, then close the solenoid in the machine menu.

If the dampers are more than a year old I'd suggest replacing them as well. Also - be aware that the cheap generic $5 dampers often have problems - I have had them not sealing internally, pinhole leaks in the hard plastic causing air to get in, etc.... OEM Mimaki dampers will likely always work perfect.

Sorry to bother you again,

How do I get into service mode on the Mimaki CJV30 130?

I've searched through a decent amount of threads ..

Someone said to hold down the the function and maintenance buttons .. but this did not work for me.

I also know that when in doubt hit end to insure I do not change any settings.

I know that some say do not go into service mode if i have never done so..

But I need this machine working ! No tech is available until after christmas.

KBROOKE

alright I figured out how to get into service mode.. I just needed to gold the function and remote buttons and restart the machine.

I also stumbled upon how to open the solenoids manually from the back of the ink cartridge dock.

So I will once again post my results after I try to refill the dampers. :smile: