• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CJV30 Firmware

pete2803

Hi all, i have a cjv30 with a non OEM head and 3.1 firmware from what i'm reading i need an older version below 3 have read 2.2 works with non OEM heads, does anyone hold on file an older version or versions than 3.1 who is willing to send me a copy or copies to try?
Thanks for reading hope someone can help out.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I'll let you in on a little trick of the trade. Install the old malfunctioning head back into the machine with the head memory board plugged in. Then boot the machine in service mode (power on while holding function and remote). Then go into the menu and scroll down the the #adjust menu. In that menu find the menu called Head Id. Now enter the head id for the NEW head. It's the number and letters on the white sticker attached to the head. Once it's saved, power down and put the new head in but make sure to transfer the head memory board from the old head to the new and that should do the trick. This only works with a head that shares the same format head id. If you bought for example a desktop Epson printer DX5 head, it's not going to work. Good luck!

pete2803

I'll let you in on a little trick of the trade. Install the old malfunctioning head back into the machine with the head memory board plugged in. Then boot the machine in service mode (power on while holding function and remote). Then go into the menu and scroll down the the #adjust menu. In that menu find the menu called Head Id. Now enter the head id for the NEW head. It's the number and letters on the white sticker attached to the head. Once it's saved, power down and put the new head in but make sure to transfer the head memory board from the old head to the new and that should do the trick. This only works with a head that shares the same format head id. If you bought for example a desktop Epson printer DX5 head, it's not going to work. Good luck!
Hi, thanks for the information i've just tried it and no luck, the new head is from Digiprint supplies the ID format appears the same, i initially get an error message error 202 device construction then the result of diagnosis is :- HEAD- MEM:1 Image-MEM:128MB i can go back to the result of diagnosis screen scroll down 1 to set up of composition and enter which leads to the possible composition head 1 ok, press enter and the machine goes through all its set up stages, but when you select test print it gives ERROR 07 HEAD (0---) all as in images attached, with the old head and ID it gives the same result ??

Attachments

• IMG_4121.JPG
    IMG_4121.JPG
    201.4 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_4122.JPG
    IMG_4122.JPG
    190 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_4123.JPG
    IMG_4123.JPG
    187.2 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_4124.JPG
    IMG_4124.JPG
    163.8 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_4126.JPG
    IMG_4126.JPG
    166 KB · Views: 133

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Error 07 is a head heat error which means the head circuit is shorting out. Check your head cables for damage or ink splatter on the silver leads and replace if needed. Other than that, basically anything that would short out the circuit is causing the issue like another bad cable deeper in the machine or even a fried main board, slider board, or even the head itself. The device construction error is related because whatever is causing the short is also messing up the head verification function.

pete2803

Hi, thanks again for the valuble information, i have checked the leads and connections and found CN2 connection on the main board has a defective FFC lock (broken) so the FFC lead was loose have made it good and checked all the test points on the main for resistance all check out ok as per the maintenance spec also checked the slider test points all ok, checked the head test points on the slider with new head connected and they are all OL ? no resistance reading to earth also checked the head earth continuity to the carriage OK, switched back on in maintenance and reset the old head ID with the old head and mem board, then reset the ID for new head with old head and mem board then refit new head and old mem board, still get error 202 device construction on start up go through set up of composition to possible head composition and enter, machine will now attempt to test print but doesnt print, the ERROR 07 has gone, could this still be a firmware issue or possibly the head memory board at fault as the head verification is messed up? thanks for your help with this if you have any more ideas, regards Pete.