• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CJV30 Pump Problem

Kootchy

Hi Guys,

Got a bit of a strange problem, one of the guys has done a discharge wash and then tried to do an ink fillup and CMY are pumping fine, but black is not pumping anything, all 8 dampers have been change and nothing on the black dampers at all.

Any advice would be most welcome.

Kootchy

Just done some more checking and looks like one of the blacks solenoid has gone bad and does not do anything when I went to open it, the other 7 click fine.

I would have thought having one open would have been fine to pull ink through, tried to manually pull ink and nothing, so now out of ideas

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Having one open only works if that happens to be the active cartridge. If you are trying to do a fillup and the slot with the stuck or bad solenoid is the active black slot then its not going to work. A short term workaround until you can fix the solenoid is to force the black slot with the working solenoid to be active. Pull the cartridge on the slot with the bad solenoid. If you want the printer to not beep and complain that there is a cartridge missing make sure the NEW or fullest cartridge is in the slot with the bad solenoid. The printer should always switch to the cartridge with the lowest ink level (unless both cartridges are brand new in which case it will use the first slot first).

Also if you every try to manually pull ink you must only do so when that particular color has at least one of the slot valve solenoids open.

Try what I've said to assure that the black slot with the working solenoid is the active black slot. Then do a nozzle soak (standard maintenance>nozzle soak> clean the wiper then press function to fill the capping top with cleaning solution from the cleaning cart) for maybe 30 minutes. Then try a test draw to see if black has come back and started firing good.

Ultimately you are going to need to pull the back cover of the cart slots and pull that solenoid apart and clean everything out and/or replace the solenoid. Its quite possible its just gunked up a little though and just needs a good cleaning out.

Kootchy

Thanks for the reply, just whipped off the back and to apart everything and still no joy there is no movement at all on that solenoid, also i noticed that the lines to the grey part near the solenoid dont have any resistance and can be pulled out easily unlike the other colours.

Kootchy

Now got myself in another mess took apart both black solenoids and grey parts to give them a a clean and now both of them aren't doing anything yet everything is back as it should, but the pin is not moving and cant for the love of me understand why.