• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CJV30 Vertical Lines, maintenance?

Valentinik

Hi all, i am looking for a bit a guidance, I am currently experiencing vertical lines in prints every 5-6 inches across the media. (see attached images)

I'd already planned on changing out the capping station, dampers as i don't know their age. Test prints come out perfectly however i do every so often get banding developing and then have the magenta and yellow dropping out which is cured by a normal clean.

Is there something else i should be looking to change out to try and remedy this issue? Would changing out the pump be worthwhile?

Also, is it a must to use Oem Mimaki Dampers and wipers or are aftermarket ones any good?

Thanks
Mike

Attachments

• PXL_20211224_091720629[16166].jpg
    PXL_20211224_091720629[16166].jpg
    2 MB · Views: 396
  • PXL_20211224_091725126[16165].jpg
    PXL_20211224_091725126[16165].jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 138

Adam Vreeke

Knows just enough to get in a lot of trouble..
Thanks for the reply, i did initially think that and cleaned them, but the marks don't line up with where the rollers sit.
Hmmm, I am walking in the dark here a bit, but is the encoder strip dirty / misaligned? That is where I would go to next and my knowledge of cjv30's is very limited, you may need to wait until someone like Solventinkjet wakes up.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I'd say inspect and clean the encoder strip next for sure. You can also run an encoder test in service mode that will tell you if it's reading off. The dampers might fix the issue as well as when they fail they can do so intermittently.

Valentinik

An update on this. I eventually got around to replacing the encoder strip and the capping station complete with genuine mimaki items. They didnt cure the problem. I did think it may be the heaters drying the ink unevenly on the media, but i did a test print with the heaters turned off but he imperfections are still there.

Could anyone offer a suggestion as to where i should look next?

Thanks
Mike

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Vertical lines are almost always a bad encoder or a pinch roller issue. If we've ruled those items out, I'd say change the dampers if they are older than 1 to 2 years just to rule them out. Sometimes they can cause weird issues like this but it's rare. Other than that, it's probably an electrical issue. Do you know how old the head is?