• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

cjv300 printing too long

MimakiGuy

It seems to be printing things about 3/8s too long. Which is obviously a problem when it is for positives for screen printing, or digital printing sign faces.
I have tried exporting in different file formats. Didnt do anything.
Any ideas?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Mimaki doesn't post print length accuracy specs anymore but their older models in general would spec +/- 1/8" over 8 feet. If you're printing longer than that, it can be off by more. So just keep in mind if you're printing long jobs that there is an expect amount of inaccuracy.

Other than that, make sure your print feed adjustment is perfect and also make sure the roll you're printing on is less than 99 lbs. Those two things can affect length.

MimakiGuy

Mimaki doesn't post print length accuracy specs anymore but their older models in general would spec +/- 1/8" over 8 feet. If you're printing longer than that, it can be off by more. So just keep in mind if you're printing long jobs that there is an expect amount of inaccuracy.

Other than that, make sure your print feed adjustment is perfect and also make sure the roll you're printing on is less than 99 lbs. Those two things can affect length.
The current issue is 3ft and the roll is half way gone.
Where is the print feed adjustment option?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
The current issue is 3ft and the roll is half way gone.
Where is the print feed adjustment option?
It's in the setup menu and they call it Feed Comp. You might also adjust the pinch rollers to push down harder especially if they are all set to low right now. I usually set them to medium all the way across.