• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CJV300 Who has one?

particleman

Curious if anyone has a CJV300 yet? This is the next version of the CJV150 with print and cut. A friend of mine is looking at moving from the CJV150 to the 300. Mainly the new Orange and Light black ink is appealing along with some of the new print features.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Take the CJV150 and add a second print head. Now you have a CJV300. The quality will be the same and the speeds will be as fast or faster depending on the ink setup. To take advantage of the fastest speed you want to set it up with CMYKx2.

I have never been a fan of adding colors other than CMYK as the difference in quality is indistinguishable to me and it costs you a significant amount of speed. I just printed some black and white prints on the CJV150 perfectly without the light black the other day. No magenta or cyan haze at all. Obviously other people would disagree but that's just my 2 cents.

• Agree
Reactions: Bly
Take the CJV150 and add a second print head. Now you have a CJV300. The quality will be the same and the speeds will be as fast or faster depending on the ink setup. To take advantage of the fastest speed you want to set it up with CMYKx2.

I have never been a fan of adding colors other than CMYK as the difference in quality is indistinguishable to me and it costs you a significant amount of speed. I just printed some black and white prints on the CJV150 perfectly without the light black the other day. No magenta or cyan haze at all. Obviously other people would disagree but that's just my 2 cents.

I agree with you about the supposed benefits from adding light black to these machines. There are no real benefits from adding the lk ink for those who implement accurate, color-managed workflows.

getcustomized

I agree with you about the supposed benefits from adding light black to these machines. There are no real benefits from adding the lk ink for those who implement accurate, color-managed workflows.

The orange will give you a wider gamut of color. With the Mimaki firmware you can't just add the orange only, you have to add the light black as well. If I bought the machine I would definitely go with the light black and orange configuration, it will give you better print quality over most of your competitors. I'd stay away from the white and metallic silver though as those can clog easily and require a lot more maintenance.

Coban

Does anyone have some images of how bright the orange and red can be off the CJV 300? Been trying to get good samples from Mimaki and they just print the generic color swatch.