• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CJV33-160 Cutting Problems

Hey everyone, first time caller / long time listener here...

I was previously on a Versacamm SP540v and just had a brand new Mimaki CJV33-160 installed at our shop yesterday...

I am having the following issue:

After printing (oracal 3164, no overlam, 54") as the machine begins to contour cut, the material sort of bunches up on the left side of the machine and causes the cut line to become completely distorted and eventually causes the carriage to jam.

I am using 6 rollers during printing and only outer 2 during cut (which are set to heavy) and I have tried the vacuum at every setting (including off) and I am getting the same results each time.

Any suggestions on what I am doing wrong?

I am about to push this thing right out the front door!

Thanks everyone, looking forward to hearing some great advice!

ironchef

Im not sure sir. I have a cjv30-130(54in) and it cuts fine. Do you have a warranty on it? What kind of media is it doing it with? Have you tried other media types? I print with two outer rollers set to med. And cut on same outer two with high pressure. And high vacuum.

Matt-Tastic

Put all your middle rollers to low pressure when cutting. You run the risk of putting marks on the print, but if it fixes the issue, you'll know the correction.

ironchef

But it shouldn't have to be that way. Get a tech in to check it out. I hope you have a warranty on it.

Thanks for the suggestions guys... I am printing and cutting this particular job on Oracal 3164 without lamination.

The machine is brand new and has a warranty, although when the techs were doing test prints and cuts during the install they did not seem to have any issues (although they were only running tests on a roll of 30" media)

I am going to get on the phone with my distributor in the AM and see what they have to say, maybe they will send out a tech to see what is going on.

Thank again for the help!

ironchef

I sometimes find if i start printing a print and cut job with out giving enough slack, the rollers roll the paper all the way back and stops everything. So i leave like 5 to 7 inches of head space in front before starting to print.

ironchef

I tried it like that in the beginning. I find it easier with just the two outer rollers and the vacuum on high