• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cleaning cartridges

midnightmadman

Does anyone have a rough idea how much fluid needs to be left in a cleaning cartridge to run a cleaning on a 1204. I have 1 full and 3 about half and don't want to run it if that's not enough for the 3
Thanks!

henryp

If you are thinking of flushing the ink system by performing a Head Wash (now called a Longstore on newer models) procedure through the printer's control panel, you will need a full set of new cleaning cartridges,

midnightmadman

Yes
I’m installing a new head & maintenance station and wanted to flush the system because it’s been sitting with no head for a couple months
My other question is am I risking anything if I do this with the new head installed ? Or am I better off just pulling or something different ???

henryp

Yes
I’m installing a new head & maintenance station and wanted to flush the system because it’s been sitting with no head for a couple months
My other question is am I risking anything if I do this with the new head installed ? Or am I better off just pulling or something different ???

I would not want old stale ink to pass through the new print head

Henry. Since you say there is no head it will be sufficient. I would hook up my syringe with a y connection to bottom of both same color dampers. You can connect directly to the ink lines without dampers. It all depends on what connectors you have. I would the put the cartridge in the slot. you can pull as much cleaning fluid through as you want. make sure you pull the cartridge out as you are finished puling to empty the line out.