• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cleaning, now NO Black, could I have blown a fuse?

Phil Swanson

Premium Subscriber
I have been trying to clean my heads on my SP300 .I wanted to soak the heads so I blocked the pump lines to hold the cleaning fluid in the captops. I returned the print heads to the captops. the printer started to pump and was making a weird straining noise. Then I suddenly realized that the pump lines were blocked off :banghead::banghead::banghead:. I should have turned the power off when the heads returned to the captops. The pump cycle had stopped by this time so it was too late and I let it soak overnight. Now it only prints Cyan, no black at all.I can see the Cyan in the black hose going back to the cartridge. The M/Y head is fine.

Could I have blown a fuse when the pump tried to pump with the lines blocked off?

If so where are the fuses? ( PS I have the tools to check and replace. Soldering gun meter ect.)

UPDATE : I pulled the damper for the black and used a syringe to suck the black thru the damper.( it was 1/2 full of cyan ) tried printing and still no black. could I have a bad damper?

Last edited:

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
How did it feel when you took the damper off and back on? If there was no friction and it just sort of slid on and off easily, you may have a worn out o-ring on the bottom of the damper. In this case, I would change the damper and cap top and that should fix the issue. Double check that the black manifold didn't break when taking the damper off as well.