• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cleaning solution for textile sublimation printing

drizom

Hi everyone,

I am new to textile sublimation. I just joint the business last 6 months. It is really a costly printing business. My supplier sells the cleaning solution to me very very expensive. It seems that the bottle has no ingredients at all for me to check what is the formula for the cleaning solution. Anyone here can tell me is there any brand outside the market similar to the cleaning solution for sublimation printer that i can buy so that i can reduce my cost to buy from my sole supplier?

WalkerP

Each manufacturer will likely recommend something specific to their ink, and probably sell it to you. I have worked with a bunch of different dyesub inks. I have used Simple Green (the clear preferably) and diluted Windex 50/50. Both work well for most sub inks. I used both for clean up and line/damper/head flushing many, many times. Stay away from alcohol as it can dry out any seals and gaskets. Note, I'm not recommending either of these as I have no idea what ink you're using. Just saying what I've been successful with; not to mention much cheaper than "OEM".

drizom

Each manufacturer will likely recommend something specific to their ink, and probably sell it to you. I have worked with a bunch of different dyesub inks. I have used Simple Green (the clear preferably) and diluted Windex 50/50. Both work well for most sub inks. I used both for clean up and line/damper/head flushing many, many times. Stay away from alcohol as it can dry out any seals and gaskets. Note, I'm not recommending either of these as I have no idea what ink you're using. Just saying what I've been successful with; not to mention much cheaper than "OEM".

hi boss. thank you for the heads up. i have never use alcohol. i want to try to use any liquid similar to my current liquid provided by my supplier. It is so so expensive. by the way im using kiian DIGISTAR HI PRO sublimation ink

WalkerP

I would ask them if the 50/50 DI H2O and windex would be ok. They'd have to do a good job of convincing me otherwise that it wasn't OK.

inkjet frank

Cleaning solution

Iam very familiar with Kiian digester ink. Hi pro is one of the high density ink.
if you only use cleaning solution to wipe around the print head for daily maintenance, you should just keep using the cleaning solution recommended, as one liter will last you a long time. You should not comsume much at when applying it to printheads area.

if you constantly flush the heads and ink lines, it will be a different story.

simple green is fine to wipe the ink off the printer. Alcohol can be used to clean the encoder. But when you clean the print head or around it. Neither should be used.

it really depends on what type of maintenance you try to acompolish everyday. You do not necessarily need to use a lot of expensive cleaning solution in many areas. But on certain things, you will be better off using it, rather than saving a buck.

you may go to our site below to see more maintenance videos.

Hi everyone,

I am new to textile sublimation. I just joint the business last 6 months. It is really a costly printing business. My supplier sells the cleaning solution to me very very expensive. It seems that the bottle has no ingredients at all for me to check what is the formula for the cleaning solution. Anyone here can tell me is there any brand outside the market similar to the cleaning solution for sublimation printer that i can buy so that i can reduce my cost to buy from my sole supplier?

MuhammadOsta

for cleaning around the print head, you can simply get purified water from the pharmacy. i know that may look too simple to believe but it work fine for sublimation inks.
be careful, you should buy a small bottles of purified water from the pharmacy, don't buy large bottles as it will get dust inside the bottle from too many time using (open and close...).