• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CLEAR ACRYLIC WITH CLEAR DOUBLE SIDE # application error#HELP ME!

rolanduser

Hello everyone
I need one help...
I printed reverse on clear vinyl with lamination on normal white vinyl (not blocked out one). After that I put vinyl application on 8 mm clear ACRYLIC. Its perfect now.
I went to the site and install on the wall with double side clear tape. After one day, its sticky glue has spreading and show the air bubbles on the attached image.
Do you know any suggestions overcome this problems. Please help me..
I don' know if change the double side tape or experienced guys please let me know....

thanks....

Attachments

• IMG-20240127-WA0014.jpg
    IMG-20240127-WA0014.jpg
    204 KB · Views: 173

S2S

Hello everyone
I need one help...
I printed reverse on clear vinyl with lamination on normal white vinyl (not blocked out one). After that I put vinyl application on 8 mm clear ACRYLIC. Its perfect now.
I went to the site and install on the wall with double side clear tape. After one day, its sticky glue has spreading and show the air bubbles on the attached image.
I don' know if change the double side tape or experienced guys please let me know....

thanks....
What clear vinyl did you use
What white vinyl did you use

S2S

I used polymeric white vinyl and Spicers rolam clear vinyl.
Not familiar with spicers that you mention...I am not concerned with the white laminate adhesive as much as the adhesive of the clear.
In my experience...I had some "water-based" adhesive that had this same issue.
I would check specs on the adhesive that is on the clear.
Make sure that it is a solvent permanent adhesive or acrylic permanent.
The film I had issue's with and realized was not good, I could rub the adhesive off the clear with thumb pressure easily.
Once I went back to acrylic permanent I did not have this issue. Not sure if this viable but I personally noticed a difference.

rolanduser

Not familiar with spicers that you mention...I am not concerned with the white laminate adhesive as much as the adhesive of the clear.
In my experience...I had some "water-based" adhesive that had this same issue.
I would check specs on the adhesive that is on the clear.
Make sure that it is a solvent permanent adhesive or acrylic permanent.
The film I had issue's with and realized was not good, I could rub the adhesive off the clear with thumb pressure easily.
Once I went back to acrylic permanent I did not have this issue. Not sure if this viable but I personally noticed a difference.
thank you so much for your advise.... I will try ...

unmateria

Hi! The surface from behind has to be absolutely flat (i would never use adhesives for that size anyway) and you have to wait as much you can after sticking the vynil to acrylic to glue to any place. No less than 24h. If you still want to use double side tape to do that, screw an ACM/dibond panel to the wall first, but never do it directly to a wall.

Kbrecken

can you try instead, after printing direct second surface to the acrylic, apply a cast vinyl barrier film or a medium gray cast vinyl to act as a blockout layer, then apply a few pieces of clear VHB tape, to mount on the wall,

Hello everyone
I need one help...

thanks....
After we mount a clear print onto acrylic 2nd surface, we back it with 3M electrocut white vinyl, then another layer of IJ35C. It prevents the adhesive from migrating into your clear vinyl print. Airbubbles? Was the acrylic sagging? depending on the overall size of your acrylic piece 8mm might be too heavy for tape alone. Typically, if it's a large thick piece we will use silicone, small pieces of VHB will hold it up until the silicone sets.

Hello everyone
I need one help...

thanks....
What was the overall dimension? 8mm seems pretty hefty for the display, maybe could have used 1/8"...