• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Clear cling with clear liner

rfulford

Hello all. I need to source a clear static cling material that has a clear liner. FYI, I am latex printing reverse reading and backing it up with a with vinyl backer. The liner needs to be clear so I can run it through an XY cutter.

rfulford

I do not think that will work unless I am missing something. Here is a little more information. I will be printing several hundred of these at a time and possibly up to one thousand. I will reverse print onto clear cling and apply a white vinyl backer to the printed side of the clear. I intend to cut using a fotobaOne side will be obscured by the white backer and the other by the release liner. I do not think I could print onto the release liner in register.

gregwallace

We do this all the time with clear vinyl, reverse print, laminated with white. Just print in reverse using registration marks. Before laminating in white, cover the registration marks with either low tack premask, sticky notes, or something similar. After laminating use a stencil knife and cut around the registration marks so that you can pull the white vinyl and premask off exposing the marks.

Considering the size of your job your probably right to want cling with a clear liner. The simpler the better.

petepaz

we do this with our roland machines i just make sure the vinyl we mount to it doesn't cover the registration marks. not usually a problem

rfulford

Unfortunately, the Fotoba uses a pinstripe crop mark around the edges of a print so using a knife to reveal them is more trouble than trimming by hand. I have a knife on my multicam so this method is a good option but the Fotoba is so much faster. I will have to check if low tac adhesive is an option. Perhaps if I broaden my horizons, I will have better luck.