• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Clear Vinyl

p3

I have a mutoh VJ1304 and was wondering if I could print on clear vinyl like RC Car decal sheets. I realize I'm not going to be able to print white, but I wondered if that would make the print dark when its placed on a painted body. Also, as far as the laminate, would it just be a liquid laminate that goes over it or is there something special?

Thanks for any feedback you guys can provide me :) :thankyou:

gnatt66

i just printed a bunch of stuff on oracal 210 laminate...if you have laminate in stock you can experiment with that.

p3

I was just wondering what to put over it. Cause its going to be exposed to nitro and things like that. that is a good idea!

sjm

Depends how long you need the product to last? For promotional stuff it's not a worry. For a couple of years or better cast on cast laminate.

p3

Its gotta be thin. Its going on RC Car bodies. The stuff they use I believe is some sort of liquid lam. Nitro will take it right off...

thewood

I print on Oracal 210 and 290 lam frequently. Laminate it with itself. Without a white backer, the colors won't work on dark cars.

TresL

Test with 210.
we use is all the time.
Then turn around and Lam with it as well.

Use lam on ALL R/C products.
Fuel and cleaners will eat most all print off without it.
Even Thermal.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
If you guys are printing on the Oracal 210 you should try printing on my PSGL 4 Mil Gloss lam the price is half of what Oracal charges and its a superior product 54"x150' is $108 4 year outdoor lam.

TresL

If you guys are printing on the Oracal 210 you should try printing on my PSGL 4 Mil Gloss lam the price is half of what Oracal charges and its a superior product 54"x150' is $108 4 year outdoor lam.

PM me some pricing on 30" rolls shipped to 47630

p3

Ok. I guess I just gotta experiment with it and see how light the colors have to be to make that work or sub it out....

Thanks for the input!

Big Fish, the backing on your lam is it thicker than the oracal to where I would be able to use the big squeegee?

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Ok. I guess I just gotta experiment with it and see how light the colors have to be to make that work or sub it out....

Thanks for the input!

Big Fish, the backing on your lam is it thicker than the oracal to where I would be able to use the big squeegee?

Yes its thicker from what my clients say.

teamrolex

r/c car stickers

You probably already checked out these guys :

www.upgrade-rc.com

some of their promo material read "1.2mil" vinyl (or something like that), so I wonder what type of vinyl and lam they are using.

Mainly for buggy shells.

I guess if use for Electric (EP) which demands shell to be light weight, the vinyl and lam should be lightweight too.