• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

ClearFlex media for t-shirts from RTape

Hi All,

Has anyone used ClearFlex t-shirt transfer material?

I've been using Sojar printable heat transfer material from Fellers with good results but thought I'd try the ClearFlex because of the ability for the shirt to show through, especially for distressed artwork.

I'll admit I read that it has a clear release liner but it obviously didn't register at the time. (Old brain not generating new cells)

Because of the clear, my Mutoh VJ 1204 doesn't "see" the media so I would have to either tape it to a media with a white background or spend time finding a way to trick my printer.

It also has a powdery residue on the surface of the media. I didn't bother to even load it into my printer because I didn't want to spend the time taping it to something else and risking a head strike and I was also concerned that the powdery residue might contaminate my print head or clog the nozzles.

Anyhow, just curious if anyone else uses this and how its working for you. I am waiting for a call back from RTape on this product but it's always good to hear feed back from folks on this forum.

Thanks

JcbProductions

Hey,
Did you end up running the Clearflex material ? I have a VJ1324 and it runs fine but Im having a hard time finding a Printing Profile. DO you have a profile?