• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Client vanished on payment

TwoNine

Bummer - sorry to hear it. BUT - 10k for a wrap is crazy good. Some people can't even get the 5! Nice!

A thought though: Would the 2500 be a "good enough" settlement? Is it really worth the headache and stress of a full-on lawsuit? Lawyers, time, paperwork, prelim hearing, hearing, discovery, etc - may be more economical to just sue him for the 2500.....

Not telling you how to run your shop - just something I'd think of prior to filing. Plus if he wins in "big claims" court you MAY have to pony up and pay HIS legal....Ugh.

Have a good one,
Chad

TheSnowman

DO NOT do small claims. If the guy doesn't have any money...they can't do a thing...all you end up doing is paying court costs yourself. Been there, done that, twice.

CanuckSigns

Back with an update. I have to take this loser to court and since it's over a certain amount it's out of Small Claims. Finally was able to reach this crazy guy and now he's telling me he's doesn't like the wrap job! FML

My attorney tells me it would be good to get a one or two sentence letter from an industry wrap shop that can verify the job was done to industry standards? PM and I will send you quality pictures. For the love of god. Help me out, before I go hunt this guy down!

Do you have anything to prove that he left as a happy customer, with no signs of being dissatisfied with the wrap, only to change his story when it came time to pay the bill? Basically a clause in your contract stating that any issues with the product must be brought to your attention in the first 30 days.

TwoNine

DO NOT do small claims. If the guy doesn't have any money...they can't do a thing...all you end up doing is paying court costs yourself. Been there, done that, twice.

Not trying to pick a fight or anything - I am just curious. What f he DOES have money? Then would you recommend going the small claims route? If not, why? What would you do? Liens? What if he never sells the property?

Locals Find!

He is just trying to screw you over.

Seen this happen to my dad before when he was a paint contractor. Painted the guys house and the guy came out afterwards said "Naw, I don't like the color. I am not paying." Customer had picked the color out and watched the whole time the house was painted over 3 days. My dad's response was no problem I will put it back the way it was. At this point the guy tells my dad to leave without payment. My dad took him to court and the judge ordered the guy to pay the invoice, court costs & interest.

The judge's reason for ruling in my dads favor was simple. My dad offered to put it all back to the way it was so apparently the job wasn't that bad if the customer kept it on the house.

I would venture the same would apply here if the wrap job was that bad why did he keep it or not say something sooner to allow you to fix it. He waits till after the bill has been due almost a month and then all of a sudden its not good enough and he wants it for half price?? I don't think that will fly in court. I wish you luck.