• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CM3 and Adobe CC 2017 Not working together

Dennis422

In case you did not see the notification from one of your distributors, if you have a Graphtec cutter and using Cutting Master 3, do not update to new Adobe Illustrator CC 2017 version.
It will not work with CM3
I guess Graphtec is working on it, how fast they do stuff, we can expect an update in 2-3 months :)

xxaxx

Manually installing the .aip file still works just fine ... no need to wait for them to update it.

tylercrum

Anybody know if this got worked out? How do we fix it ourselves or has it been fixed? I don't want to update just to find out it hasn't been fixed, but I'm the only one here at the shop that doesn't have the latest illustrator and....well....I don't feel as cool as everybody else here.... :cool1:

dypinc

CM2 works fine with IL 2017 on the Mac if you copy the CM2 plugins from the IL 2016 install.

SimplyIn

Installing aip manually to Illustrator CC2017

Can you please provide some explanation to this? Thanks

You can find the plugins on Graphtec's website here:

Graphtec America: Supports/Downloads - Cutting Plotters - Discontinued/Legacy Cutting Plotters - FC8000 Series

When you upgrade Illustrator on the PC (I upgraded from cc2014 to cc2017), it basically gets rid of all the programs files but leaves some support files behind. I tried to install CM3 and it installed/extracted the files in the old cc2014 folder. If you look at the old plugin folder (C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator CC 2014\Plug-ins\) you will find the CM2 & CM3 folders extracted there (<CutPlot403> & <cmp_cc7> Folders). Just copy and paste (or move) to the cc2017 plugin folder (Usually C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator CC 2017\Plug-ins\), then open Illustrator cc2017.

Note that when you move or copy any *.aip plugin files, Illustrator must not be running since plugins are initiated when you start the program. Both CM2 & CM3 are now working with full functionality.

The incompatibility issue is not in function but in the install process.

Hope this helps!

~Les

Nisei

I guess Graphtec is working on it, how fast they do stuff, we can expect an update in 2-3 months :)
You mean how slow they are? All they need to do is change a few lines of code in the installer to have it put the plugin in the right Illustrator folder.
Why they need months to do that is beyond me.