• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CM4 and Corel 2019

wildside

So we just upgraded to Corel 2019 and now cutting master quit working.

We have followed every step, we have been using corel forever and cutting master for years.

CM4 is the newest version, and after install opens and can do a test cut and everything.

In corel, it shows CM4 in the launch thing, but when clicking it, pops up a error that there is not a running coreldraw.... even though that is the software being used.

Any help to get is cutting again would be appreciated.

CanuckSigns

I can't help on this, but we run Corel 2018 and CM4, about twice a year I need to reinstall CM4 as windows 10 decided to update itself and CM4 stops working, Graphtec usually has a updated version on their website within a few days to get you up and running again.

Can you run CM4 in any other program such as AI?

wildside

Yes we have to mess with it when windows updates also, but this was a new issue.

We did get it working finally. Here is what we found for anyone else that might come across this issue.

We were installing the new versions and just opening them and setting up the cutter. Then nothing from the software was recognizing the CM4. Come to find out when you open CM4 and setup the cutter first outside of corel, it puts a dll file or something in a folder, but that folder is not associated with corel, do the steps below and it will put that file in the corel folder somewherre. I don't know the name of the file specifically to of just grabbed it and moved it, IF that would have worked anyway.

- Completely uninstall CM4, when it asks to delete the user settings say yes. - otherwise it keeps that file in its original spot and will not overwrite it
- Completely uninstall corel 2019. - and any previous versions on the computer
- Restart computer.
- Install Corel 2019 as typical - do not open it after install
- Install CM4 - do not open after install
- Restart computer
- Open Corel - open file, create file whatever, go to the launch button and click the Cut/Plot or CM4 whatever it says - it just shows up in there without us doing anything.
- It will pop open the dialogue to setup the cutter from here - do so as directed
- Cut file, all all is good in the world again.... for now