• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CMYK Cartridges on HP L26500 NEED HELP!

Ditchmiester

I came into the shop this morning and found that the printer says that all 4 colors are missing ink. Seemed a little unusual as I have had in the past maybe 1 or 2 cartridges go bad but all 4 at once seems very strange. I tried swapping them out for new cartridges but still says the same thing. Also I noticed that when inserting the new cartridges into the slots there is little to no resistance and no click at all when they go in. However the bottom two cartridges LM and LC both click firmly into their spots. Anyone have any idea?

Ditchmiester

Tech will be out tomorrow. Just signed up the for extended warranty through HP last week. Looks like it was a good move. Both ISS boards need to be replaced.

sha

Sounds like you have broken plastic tray that holds cartridges. When you remove left cover on the back you have plastic that hold CMYK cartridges and can be unlocked to service machine. If this is broken chips on the cartridge are not connected to chip reader. Most definitely you font need to replace ISS boards. Just plastic but that is not HP spare part. Just glue it.