• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CoCut & Roland PNC-1000 Question

williamson design

I know that the PNC-1000 has a limited cut range, It can only cut up to 62" (or thereabouts).

Does CoCut overcome this issue? I have been thinking on buying it, but if I still can only cut 62" at a time, it won't be worth buying it.

Currently I am working in Illustrator 10 and cutting with Roland Signmate Express.

Thanks
Glen

UPDATE:
I checked the site and I can download a trial version of it, I will check that out and see if it answers my questions.

Last edited:

OldPaint

most any sign program will overcome the 62.99" of the PNC-1000. I had one from 92-2000 and i never had a problem with that limitation.
simplest way to work around it.....DONT PUT ANYMORE ON THE CUT PAGE THEN IT WILL CUT.....say you got a word that is 96"..........all you do in corel is break word apart, group the word into 2 48" cuts........really easy...since i was mostly workin alone....48" to 60" was about all the vinyl one person can handle.......))))))))))))))))))

7oaks

OP is right, I have a PNC 1000 but use Signtools 3 and Corel ...Signtools allows long cuts. However on long runs the vinyl can shift so I usually limit cuts to 6 ft.

Ken

williamson design

OP, 7oaks,

I completely agree with you, I try to limit my cutting within that size, but there have been a couple times where I was cutting something that was over that size, and the application was such that doing it in 2 pieces and splicing it together would have made the image look like crap. Out of the handful of times, the signs were display boards that were viewed close up.

One other issue I have is that I have a new PC that is running Windows XP, but the Roland SignMate Express will not recognize the cutter, or the Hardware key. So I have to design on one PC and then transfer it over to the old Windows 98 machine to cut. Sometimes it just seems like extra work. Sometime back I got a patch from Roland to fix it, but it never worked.

I was trying to weigh out the cost vs need for CoCut.

Thanks for your input
Glen

OldPaint

you got the wrong driver for XP....YOU NEED d29027j.exe
igf you cant find it i got it.....email me or call...

williamson design

Other than figuring out the layout and how not to waste material, I tested this today and it works like a dream cutting directly out of Illustrator 10.0

Old Paint you are my hero....

Many thanks

GLen