• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cold callers are annoying

J

john1

I know a few people on here say cold calling works but it really is nothing but a mood changer for me.

Had a pesty place call at like 8am, then the same place at 2pm cause i didn't answer and another one just a few minutes ago. Trying to sell things at crazy prices that i have no interest in.

One was selling clipart catalogs for like $3900 and another was seeing if i was interested in getting anything wholesaled cause i emailed someone about pricing like 2 months ago then was pissy when i said business is a tad slow and i have nothing that needs outsourced right now.

Seem like they get upset when you say your not interested, Maybe if they didn't call in the first place they would have been better off.

To me, Cold calling makes people sound desperate for business but it may just be the way they are coming off or the way i am thinking.

/End Rant / Douche

Locals Find!

1st call sounds like normal approach. 2nd call sounds like a very poor salesperson who I would call that company about and complain.

Si Allen

Why not have some fun with them?

"Hello May I speak with the person in charge of ( Fill in your choice)?"

"Joost a meenute, I gets heem for joo!"

put down phone and wait about 3 minutes.

"Hallooo! ( Then begin speaking absolute jibberish!)"

It drives them nuts and they cross you off their list!

kirkbedtelyon

Every once in a while I'll save a ton of money on a cold / unexpected sales opportunity...Makes the other calls worth while in my book.

tattoo.dan

Why not have some fun with them?

"Hello May I speak with the person in charge of ( Fill in your choice)?"

"Joost a meenute, I gets heem for joo!"

put down phone and wait about 3 minutes.

"Hallooo! ( Then begin speaking absolute jibberish!)"

It drives them nuts and they cross you off their list!

Thank you...I will look forward to the b.s. calls now. I like talking silly...:)

Techman

There is nothing worth responding to a cold call during the most important part of the day. Unlike some I do not have the time to spare for a cold call. I will never order from a cold caller. All I want is to be left alone so I can take care of my business and not have some lamer using my resources used to get into my pocket.

rickzan

I like to say "hello, hello anybody there, I can't hear you, try again bye!" a few of those and no more calls! they always seem to call at the wrong time.:signs101: