• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Colex Flatbed cutter problems

Almengel65

I have a Colex Flatbed cutter. It isnt acting right. I have a cut file for the part that I am cutting, but when I go to cut it cuts lines that arent even on the cut file and cuts almost wherever it wants. Has anyone experianced this before or have any ideas? I am very new to this machine.

Thank you

Christian @ 2CT Media

What program are you using to design the files?

Have you gone in to wore frame mode to see if there are any hidden lines? Are you converting to a specific file type for the colex software?

MGB_LE

We typically use Illustrator to prepare our cut files. I'm certain that some test files came with your Colex. What are the results when you use those? Have you been trained in the use of the machine?

MGB_LE

We typically use Illustrator to prepare our cut files. I'm certain that some test files came with your Colex. What are the results when you use those? Have you been trained in the use of the machine?

a77

Probably not your problem, but you never know. We create our files in Illustrator and one thing we have found is that if a PDF has extra CutContour paths in hidden layers, Caldera will use them to cut. You do seem them in preview, but noone looks at that because we just scan the barcode and let the cutting go.
Not sure if that might apply to your workflow, hidden cut lines.

Fernando Chavez

FernandoATX
I have a Colex Flatbed cutter. It isnt acting right. I have a cut file for the part that I am cutting, but when I go to cut it cuts lines that arent even on the cut file and cuts almost wherever it wants. Has anyone experianced this before or have any ideas? I am very new to this machine.

Thank you
Hello,

I'm looking in to buy a Colex. Could you share with me your experience working with them? Did they fixed your problem with your cutter?

If you had a chance to buy a different cutter would you buy Colex again or would you look into another brand?

Thank you!

MGB_LE

I'm still in love with our purchase, 2 years later. We've cut paper to foam to acrylic to metal and even wood. I only wish for a more robust user community to bounce ideas off of. The table itself is pretty darned accurate and tough and reliable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fernando Chavez

FernandoATX

Thank you

Hello, I'm thinking in buying a Colex. Would you recommend it?