• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Colex Sharpcut issue

csudman

We've had our cutter for a couple years and this issue has gotten progressively worse. We solved it for a while by using a spoil board but we're trying to go back to just using mats. If you'll take a look at the attached images you'll notice we're cutting into the mat at the front and at the back of the machine, the middle is barely touching. It's almost as if our machine is bent in the middle? That said, we had a similar issue still when we had the spoil board so that's why we went back to using mats instead. That leads us to believe the machine is not bent in the middle. We've spoken with colex and they suggested debris into the mats at the front anf claibrate the height sensor. We calibrated the sensor and debris are not really an issue.

Has anybody else seen something like this? Suggestions?

Attachments

• 20220726_163614.jpg
    20220726_163614.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 237
  • 20220726_163619.jpg
    20220726_163619.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 162
  • 20220726_163629.jpg
    20220726_163629.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 163

Raum Divarco

General Manager CUTWORX USA / Amcad & Graphics
We've had our cutter for a couple years and this issue has gotten progressively worse. We solved it for a while by using a spoil board but we're trying to go back to just using mats. If you'll take a look at the attached images you'll notice we're cutting into the mat at the front and at the back of the machine, the middle is barely touching. It's almost as if our machine is bent in the middle? That said, we had a similar issue still when we had the spoil board so that's why we went back to using mats instead. That leads us to believe the machine is not bent in the middle. We've spoken with colex and they suggested debris into the mats at the front anf claibrate the height sensor. We calibrated the sensor and debris are not really an issue.

Has anybody else seen something like this? Suggestions?
There are a couple things that would be helpful to check.

Underneath your mat, what does the filter layer look like?
Dirty filters reduce air transmission and reduce vacuum.

Underneath the filter layer, what do the clear plastic panels look like?
any clogged holes, warps or damage?

What does your measuring probe look like and what style is it.
If yours is a disk to complete an electrical circuit, i would upgrade to the mechanical sensor.
Make sure your plate is nice and make sure that your probe isnt damaged.
Any type of damage on a probe makes it useless.
Manually measure as it saves insignificant time.

Have you asked for your unit to be mapped.
There are sensors that can be coordinated as art of a paid service call to register the position of the table surface.

For a more extreme measure, if inspected and you don't find anything loose, bent, buckled etc. there are some thing to consider.
If everything is clean and seems debris free I would manually measure the depth and cut shapes in the 4 corner area to see if it cuts too deep.

If it were mine and everything checked out but i still had a problem i would consider:
- double checking frame is leveled and feet are secured.
- removing the mats and plastic zone covers.
- block off the vacuum holes.
- with a flycutter, i would resurface the table material surface.
- sand down any edges or hot spots and document the before and after.
- clean out all the debris and have the drop dead bottom position of the machine be established or continue using the measuring plate if you didn't shave too much.

Maybe the surface is a bit out.
Maybe something came undone.
Maybe something buckled.
You'll see with the first passes of the table resurfacing if even contact with the tool is being made.