• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Colex tech needed…

JstevensonPrints

Printing dreams one day at a time
We have a 5x10 colex, I’ve hit a brick wall with colex directly, the service guy is extremely rude

we have been down for 3 weeks now and cannot get them to come out and help. I think it’s a cable for our rotational motor (sorry I don’t know the name of the motor that controls the blade direction) but just can’t afford to lose the time replacing parts arbitrarily.
After google searching I can’t seem to find many people that actually work on these things.

Our machine is a 2016. Everyone’s help is greatly appreciated, our machine is located in Washington.

garyroy

Colex is a pretty small company located in NJ if I remember. Just call and ask for the west coast sales manager.
If you don't get him, ask for the GM, if you don't get him ask for the Pres/Owner.
They'll call you to incessantly when they want to sell a machine, call them to incessantly to get it fixed.
They do demos online, they should be able to do an actual video tech call with you if needed.

JstevensonPrints

Apparently my machine is not important enough for them. Last time I called the jersey sounding women hung up on me, she couldn’t be bothered to answer any questions, said I’d have to give them a few hundred bucks just to answer a single question.

Thanks for your response though, very good point for sure. The search continues…

Aaron Hunter

Out of curiosity, what is your Colex doing/not doing? As, previous posters have mentioned they are a small company and it you don't have a current warranty program you definitely get back burnered

JstevensonPrints

I get Colex is small, but they shouldn’t be rude when someone that’s been a loyal customer needs help and just because I don’t have a very expensive service contact shouldn’t mean I’m kicked to the curb, It’s ok though, I was able to get help, it was a fairly simple fix which he did for me over the phone. To put a point on it, my employee couldn’t figure out how to fix his tools depth constantly changing for no reason.
All is well I. The world again.

Aaron Hunter

I get Colex is small, but they shouldn’t be rude when someone that’s been a loyal customer needs help and just because I don’t have a very expensive service contact shouldn’t mean I’m kicked to the curb, It’s ok though, I was able to get help, it was a fairly simple fix which he did for me over the phone. To put a point on it, my employee couldn’t figure out how to fix his tools depth constantly changing for no reason.
All is well I. The world again.
Definitely agree. We didn't re-up ours and it gets frustrating. Glad it was an easy fix.

Aaron Hunter

Our machine is about 8-9 years old and most of the tech has evolved to the point it's not worth the additional service expense. We replaced the main CPU 2 years ago and we had a 1 time PM done last year to run a new camera and just get everything tuned up. At this point we are going to run it till we can replace it. For the most part Colex has been great but as others have pointed out, no service contract, slower response. I have found that submitting a service ticket through the Service Portal to be the most efficient. Our last issue was a W rotation switch that had worn out and we had the replacement switch in a few days.

Print1

Tech for your cutter, printer & logistics needs
Hey Aaron,
I’d recommend getting that yearly PM done, the colex is a robust machine and that’s good and bad, it’s great because they are hard to kill, it’s bad because they tend to hide underlying issues that if ignored will lead to pretty big issues seemingly out of the blue. That’s not just the tech in me, it’s experienced from being an owner / operator as well as servicing them for years.

Aaron Hunter

Hey Aaron,
I’d recommend getting that yearly PM done, the colex is a robust machine and that’s good and bad, it’s great because they are hard to kill, it’s bad because they tend to hide underlying issues that if ignored will lead to pretty big issues seemingly out of the blue. That’s not just the tech in me, it’s experienced from being an owner / operator as well as servicing them for years.
We definitely have stepped up with our maintenance and doing annual PM's. Truth be told, most of our issues usually pop up in OptiScout more than the hardware.