• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Color Banding on Yellow and Magenta

alexyoon.gaius

My printer is pretty brand new ( bought three months ago) and having some issues with color since I received it.
Magenta and Yellow will sometimes show big banding with colors like green, orange, etc that involves those two colors.
I pumped and flushed the heads numerous times but did not work.
How am I suppose to fix this? please advise.
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• KakaoTalk_20160901_143757741.jpg
    KakaoTalk_20160901_143757741.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 130
  • KakaoTalk_20160901_143759542.jpg
    KakaoTalk_20160901_143759542.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 191

GaSouthpaw

Profane and profane accessories.
I have seen this with some banner materials (unfortunately, I can't recall the manufacturers), which is what it looks like you're running there. Does it happen on other media, or just your banners?
Setting up the machine to run the media (steps, etc) would probably help.

alexyoon.gaius

I have seen this with some banner materials (unfortunately, I can't recall the manufacturers), which is what it looks like you're running there. Does it happen on other media, or just your banners?
Setting up the machine to run the media (steps, etc) would probably help.

Thanks for the response.
But if it was the media problem, wouldn't other colors have banding issues too?

GaSouthpaw

Profane and profane accessories.
Not necessarily. The CMYK values (more colors making for a darker color, etc) can make the banding unnoticeable.

Addendum: I'm not saying that's definitely the problem, I can just remember it being an issue for me.