• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

color breakdown

CyberGraphix

Hi Everyone...

I'm new here to 101, so I'm asking something that's been answered before, forgive me!

I still don't have a printer in house. I'm teaming up with someone that's investing the money into buying some new equipment in the upcoming month, so any suggestions on a decent model for a smaller sign shop, that would be great.

I am working on some prints (posters) and banners, where I'm using a neon green. I did some cut signs for him where we used Flourescent green and they looked awesome. I know I can't get that same green when printing, but does anyone have a suggestion or RGB breakdown where you know that the green prints nice and brite? I've had success before, but lost my cheat sheet! I know the printers print in CMYK, but they tell me to submit my designs in RGB. I'm just afraid of the green I'll get if I'm way off. I have it at full 255 green on the screen, but it converts to a horrible green in CMYK. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Steve Hussey

CyberGraphix

Thanks for the tip. I never convert from RGB to CMYK, but I just don't want that putrid green to print out. Is there any way to know what color breakdown to use for a bright lime green that will get me close to that neon look?

dont convert to cmyk. let the RIP of the printer do the work

David Milisock

Hi Everyone...

I'm new here to 101, so I'm asking something that's been answered before, forgive me!

I still don't have a printer in house. I'm teaming up with someone that's investing the money into buying some new equipment in the upcoming month, so any suggestions on a decent model for a smaller sign shop, that would be great.

I am working on some prints (posters) and banners, where I'm using a neon green. I did some cut signs for him where we used Flourescent green and they looked awesome. I know I can't get that same green when printing, but does anyone have a suggestion or RGB breakdown where you know that the green prints nice and brite? I've had success before, but lost my cheat sheet! I know the printers print in CMYK, but they tell me to submit my designs in RGB. I'm just afraid of the green I'll get if I'm way off. I have it at full 255 green on the screen, but it converts to a horrible green in CMYK. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Steve Hussey

If you send RGB files to the RIP make sure they are tagged with the files color space of residence. If your printer is contaminating pure hue colors then the media profile may need adjusted. To increase brilliance you can tag the file you send to the RP with a false profile I.E you work in sRGB tag the file as Adobe RGB.