• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Color Change Issue

Kwiksigns

wookie
Sooo... before I name the manufacturer (some may be able to guess if they have seen the same thing) I have had a problem with consistency in color in color change material. I used a dark gray and installed everything the same way, top to bottom, didnt flip the roll. The gray was lighter or darker at some of the seams. Now I used a metallic silver and the same thing. Luckily, I found I could flip some of the panels and the color would match (kinda) but I wasted a good deal of material and had to re-wrap some of the van. I don't feel like I should have to flip panels... I assume (silly me) that the color should be consistent all throughout the roll, from beginning to end.... I changed my mind, it was Avery material. Anyone vouch that this is not an issue with other manufacturers? Ill just throw out my avery swatch book at this point

jfiscus

Rap Master
We have only used Avery Chrome wrapping material, and at the price point - it had better not have any defects!
Otherwise we have ALWAYS used 3M 1080 solid color wrapping materials and NEVER had an issue like this. We wrap a lot of solid colors.

2B

we have seen this in printed material, and sometimes from different rolls especially if it is a different lot #.
same roll and different from side to side... I would be contacting the supplier sounds defective to me.

Kwiksigns

wookie
well i was told the metallic has to be installed the same direction because that's the way the flakes are laid... Even though I can't recall flipping a panel, except when trying to get it to match... Still doesn't explain the gray but I didn't take any pictures. I guess I want to know if anyone has used metallics from 3M or Oracal and this is the same case; having to be installed in the same direction...