• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Color changes when placing image from Photoshop into Illustrator

JoeBoomer

I have an image in photoshop (CMYK) that I changed the background to :
CMYK: (70,50,30,100).

When I place the image in illustrator and use the eye dropper on it, it shows:

CMYK : (74.23, 64.41, 67.69, 77.13)

I've tried saving the file as an EPS & PSD, but get the same results. Any help, suggestions, etc.?

Thanks

scott pagan

hmm, not sure what's happening. i replicated your test images in PhotoShop (cmyk) and placed them in Illustrator with various settings on/off and had all match exact.

make sure your photoshop document is created in the cmyk workspace, same with illustrator. i saved the raster images as PSD (with and without the default ICC profile US Web SWOP v2) and as EPS (with and without default ICC and one with ICC + Proof profile). all 5 matched the same color build with eye dropper in illustrator.

one thing i notice in your illustrator eye dropper values that they have the decimal tenths. that's a tell-tell sign the illustrator document is in RGB even though the color palette may show CMYK.

also ensure both programs are set to a common color space. i use 'North American General Purpose 2' and 'preserve numbers' rather than linked image profiles.

i hope this helps :)