• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Color difference between 3m 1080 & 2080 Matte Deep Black?

mim

0_o
Hey,
I have to order some vinyl to match a 1080 Matte Deep Black wrap. Does anybody know if there is much of a difference in color? I assume it wouldn't be much if anything, but it has to be an ~*~*exact~*~* match so I figured I'd ask you guys before ordering the 2080.
Thanks!

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
I don't know if there's a color difference. I do know they had issues with glue with the 1080. can you just order a sample to see?

Ronny Axelsson

My guess is, without knowing, that there shouldn't be more of a difference than between two batches of 1080 vinyl.
And even if these vinyls are exactly the same, there may be visual differences depending on how long the first one has been exposed to weather and wear.
So I agree with Geneva, order a sample.

mim

0_o
Thanks Geneva & Ronny. I would normally order a sample but it's a rush. I asked another shop and they said it was the same so I just put in the order. Hopefully it works out haha

jfiscus

Rap Master
I have not had issues with black 1080/2080 matching up, but we have had a good deal of issues matching up reds and other colors. They have to be from the same lot number or they are VERY different sometimes if you're doing full wraps of things like trailers. (I'm looking at YOU Hot Rod Red!) Also, you're supposed to flip every other panel when installing like you would when they come out of the rip/printer for the best color match on solid colors.