• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Color Issue With Gerber Edge LE Please Help

BrotherVinyl

Hello, I Have a Gerber Edge LE, and i am using flexi (cloud) and have been for 2 years and using it for single basic colors of cmyk seems to be doing OK but when i try to print full color images with it i seem to be having a lot of issues, i have quite a few different color foils mostly all different colors, and my machine wont seem to actually use those color codes and i cant figure out if i'm doing something wrong and cant find any information if this machine actually supports these other colors or not so what ive been having to do is when i know its gonna print say black i will switch it to say the gold or green color i actually want , if anyone can help me with this i would greatly appreciate it

Awd_GT

I’m designing in illustrator and adjusting my foils usisng Gerber foil swatches. But then I export to omega for printing on my LE

Awd_GT

Yes it prompts me for every color, either spot or process.
I’m not sure how flexi works but make sure you are selecting spot colors, not process colors.

BrotherVinyl

Yes it prompts me for every color, either spot or process.
I’m not sure how flexi works but make sure you are selecting spot colors, not process colors.
Ok thank you that’s what I’ve been wondering flexi is a huge pain to work with but unfortunatly the only affordable option for me I have a few copy’s of gerber omega but the guy I got everything from can’t find the single for it so I’m at a bit of a loss there

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I have both Omega and Flexi. When Flexi started supporting Edge printing years ago, I tried it out. It printed process colors by default. My recollection is that they required the user to go through a procedure of "mapping the spot colors" before it would work with them. It was covered in the help files but it was more than I wanted to figure out so I just kept using Omega.

Try looking it up in your Flexi help files.

If you want to save the aggravation, I have a legal copy of Omega 6.5 for sale for $2,000.00.

BrotherVinyl

I have both Omega and Flexi. When Flexi started supporting Edge printing years ago, I tried it out. It printed process colors by default. My recollection is that they required the user to go through a procedure of "mapping the spot colors" before it would work with them. It was covered in the help files but it was more than I wanted to figure out so I just kept using Omega.

Try looking it up in your Flexi help files.

Thank you! I will try this I did get it to pop up saying no mapped colors so I will just have to see if I can find the right help section to map them cause my main issue is I can’t make brown with camel and it’s killing some of my pics I print haha

*cmyk not camel sorry

Last edited: