• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

color matching poroblem

apex

I have serious color matching problems, i designed a graphic using alot of gradients and CYMK in photoshop and looks the way i want it to look, secondly i send the graphic to get printed on 5000 fliers and it looks exactly like i made it, i tried to print the same graphic on a 30" oracal and the colors are very off, light blues came out as dark blues and a brown/tan color i used came out as almost a bright yellow.

what i would like is some help on how to properly set the color profiles and how to work with them so all my prints will come out perfect and exactly the way they were created in adobe, or any other design app for that matter

sjm

hehe, admire your humour. Reminds of a 2002 movie, Jackass i think it was called.

eye4clr

You want a media profile for each and every material you print on. It needs to be made for your specific RIP/printer/media combination. Start by looking to the media manufacturer for the profile. If I remember right, oracal is pretty good about having profiles for the mainstream rips.

You also need to be sure your printer is behaving well. Know how to check that all the nozzles are firing and the various physical calibrations of the heads and the left-right bidirectional movement are calibrated. Improperly placed dots skew color and missing jets can imbalance color in a big way.