• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Color matching success! But weird!

tedbragg

So we got thru a big order from a grocery chain who were picky about the colors. Took me two days to match a Pantone brown to what our FB700 would actually spit out. The weird Pantone green they wanted printed just fine right out the gate (those are usually the worst offenders). The brown output file’s color was so far-off on-screen, it was laughable. But it printed great. I need to calibrate my Thunderbolt Display really bad—what devices have worked best for y’all? And could I rent one from a member here? (my job doesn’t have budget to purchase one outright)

chrisphilipps

Merchant Member
Xrite used to have an i1 branded monitor calibration solution that was fairly inexpensive and easy to use. It looks like that solution has now been taken over by Calibrite (https://calibrite.com/us/product-category/photographers/) and rebranded as their Color Checker series. They have four version available and the differences are listed in this pdf file https://calibrite.com/us/wp-content...Calibrite-Calibrator-comparison-chart-USA.pdf.

If color accuracy for displays is something that is important in your workflow you should invest in one of these devices. Monitor color can drift over time and the only way to get the display back to proper color would be to calibrate it on a regular basis.

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"

gnubler

Pantone recently pulled their color books from the current version of Creative Cloud and are available to buy with an annual subscription. I figured it was only a matter of time for that to happen.

My swatch books are basically useless now.

tedbragg

Pantone recently pulled their color books from the current version of Creative Cloud and are available to buy with an annual subscription. I figured it was only a matter of time for that to happen.

GitHub has the v3 Coated and Uncoated color books available for d/l

SlikGRFX

If you still have the older versions installed, just grab the Pantone swatches from the presets folder and copy them to the 2023 presets folder.