• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Color matching

alanzhao

Hi all,

I've been doing some color matching researches here and found that the simplest way is to:

print up a Pantone chart on whatever media you're using with whatever profile you're using for that media
and then match and select color from that chart

I printed a Roland Color Library Chart and a test design using the method above but colors on the test design are way off than Roland's color chart?? I am confused.

The material I printed them on is Oracal 3651 with profile for VP300(not VP540 I am using, found it on Oracal's web site).

Soon or later I'll invest a more complicated color matching system but right now this problem just confuse me before I can go on.

Any idea?

Thanks!

alanzhao

ok, I found the problem, what I did is (in VersaWorks)

click on the job -> File Format -> Named Colors -> Details -> Change all the printer output values to exact library output values -> OK -> Print

All the colors in test design match the library color perfectly. Problem solved.

But, I still don't understand why I have to perform the highlighted step. Is there a easy way to do this? Does it have anything to do with my printer's calibration or ink level?

here is the pic:

se.gif