• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

color matching

CarolinaCabinet

i'm printing on a Roland XJ-740 (same printhead as the XC540) and using Flexi8.5 to design,rip and print. I'm trying to print red on Oracal 3651 to look as closely as possible as red Oracal 651... Harder than I thought to get almost identical, anyone have any profile ideas for me to try.... i don't want to use 651 because it's only part of the design but they have used 651 as there corporate color for so long they want a perfect match. Thanks.

scallahan

If you have VersaWorks you might try printing from there. I am printing with the XJ-740 and using Flexi 8.5, but have found some colors are easier to hit out of VeraWorks.

CarolinaCabinet

they are a lot easier through versaworks.... versaworks colors are amazingly easy to get, however, we have the Xj-740 and this is a cut job as well, our cut job will be cut on a graphtec, not a roland so versaworks will not print and cut... stuck using Flexi to match colors which is seemingly impossible almost for that color on that vinyl with there built in profiles.... versaworks will be the sweetest profile RIP out there if they design it to work with other plotters and cutters.... until that day I STRUGGLE