• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Color prints off

I have a Mimaki JV3-130SPII, and while I love this thing my prints are not printing as they should and seem to be getting worse. I know that it could possible be a bunch of things, but my main question is I just did a test print and the bottom 1/8th of the black channel is out, can this cause a color issue?

By color issue I mean my greys print purple, my tans print pumpkin orange, my neon greens print forest green.... it's not fun :(

head cleaning and capping cleanings are done every other day. And how would I go about re-profiling? I know as of right now I am constricted to one color profile, that will get me somewhat close to the colors that I need

genericname

Either buy profiling hardware and software (i1), or hire the services of someone who can do it for you.

That's not your immediate problem though. Your immediate problem is that head with the missing nozzles. Is there physical damage to it? Do you have ink pooling in the printer? Are the dampers busted? Cracks in the manifold of the printhead?

121a

I'd do some aggressive cleaning before I attempt re-profiling. I know on the CJV30 we have an ink fill up, draws ink through all the nozzles. Before this though, I usually do 30+minute custody wash to get any ink on the head nice an loose.

Also, what RIP are you using?

No physical damage to the heads, dampers, or manifold. We have been having issue with this head for the past two years and I have been trying to delicately limp it along. I can try the custody wash, that's a good idea.

I am using Flexi 7v2 with the production manager to RIP