• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

color problems with Roland VS3

KevinA

I have the ink config that includes orange, green and lt black. It was marketed to me as having much better colors than my VS540, which it does BUT I'm beginning to realise that those extra colors are not allowing for true CMYK. For instance customers bring me there digital photos for their sign, its never been a color issue but now they all look like they have a bad sunburn, company logos that we have done for years do not match what we have printed for years. The profile doesnt seem to matter. The preview screens on VW6 and the actual on board screen do not show these incorrect colors. You only realize it after you've printed a bunch of vinyl! Changing the preset from trurich to prepress US fixes the issue on about half the problems. I was going to sell the VS but I have to have it now for at least 3 jobs a week! image attached (right side) shows what the VG3 does using the trurich preset
Has Anybody experienced this? Any advise appreciated

Attachments

• IMG_9871.jpg
    IMG_9871.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 210

ColorCrest

All around shop helper.
Has Anybody experienced this?
Not when the workflow and the RIP color management settings are properly configured.

Be sure of what design element types from the customer you're working with; RGB or CMYK photo imports for example, and be sure of their imbedded ICC color profiles. In the RIP, be sure certain color management settings are activated so they can recognize embedding profiles and handle / convert colors properly. Understand the plethora of choices you have.

Your frustration is understood but until artificial intelligence runs your shop, you will need to make important decisions in the meantime. At this point in time, you're smarter than that printer even though it has more ink colors than four.

You only realize it after you've printed a bunch of vinyl!
The normal setup of new printers is to print and evaluate the control files provided by the mfr in order to prevent such expense and disappointment. I recommend to print those now because you will routinely use them for reference.

Good luck.

cornholio

With TR2 ink, it's important to shake the inks from time to time. So enable "shake alert" in submenu. If the pigments have already sedimented, your colors will be off to a certain extent, even if you start shaking now. As soon, as you install new cartridges, it gets better. This sedimentation happens first in the orange, but eventually with all colours.

If you want CMYK only, you can select that in the media manager. There is a hidden second set of RML's without or/gn you can unhide.