• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

color profile

graphics guru

anyone want to weigh on the following.
designed things for quite some time in Photoshop CS2.
is the z color profile that seems to work best for output. i guess i have never payed it close mind under the advanced drop down box. guess we have been using the default. we usually draw RGB and then the rip at my buddie shop
dows the printing. they convert everything to tif before printing.

any suggestions:thankyou:

Really not sure what you are asking here.

A 'standard' workflow would involve saving a TIF or possibly PSD out of Photoshop, with a common standard working space embedded profile such as Adobe 1998 for RGB, or US Web Swop for CMYK. Specific file format will depend on what the RIP will support.

Not sure what a 'Z color profile' might be.

graphics guru

the Z was a typo. i was just asking on the drop down box where it has all kind of profiles listed, was there one better than the other. been i guess using the default, but is Adobe 1998 better since it has aw wider color gamut?

luggnut

adobe rgb vs. sRGB? i still haven't completely decided.. do a search on the net for adobe rgb vs. srgb and you'll get a ton of people saying stick with sRGB since its the default of so many things, and for me it seems to work out better. with adobe rgb if you have anything in the chain of software that doesn't use or can't use the adobe version it will convert it and the conversion looks really bad. so if you use sRGB you don't have to worry with this. in short Adobe RGB 1998 is better if you really know what you are doing.. sRGB and you won't even have to think about it. i'm still undecided myself. which ever you choose make sure your other software is set to that too.