• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Color Usage

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
make sure that when you're printing black, that you're printing just the black, and not using the CMY to make the black.....

ChiknNutz

That is by design. The media profile dictates how much of each color to use when printing a specific color. Just seems like most designs have a lot of magenta and yellow components in them, so it uses more of those colors. Even though you print a lot of black, if you print only black (K) ink, you will not be happy with that black, as it is a crappy brownish-color when printed...you have to use ALL of the inks to get a good Rich Black!

MobileImpact

make sure that when you're printing black, that you're printing just the black, and not using the CMY to make the black.....

Actually, you want a percentage of the other colors to make a Rich black.
We run 100-10-10-10. I've heard and tried other percentages, but this seems to work for us.

Kevin