• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Colorado 1650 banner, how?

RavenRyza

I've seen some people mention running banner material on the Colorado 1640/1650, but i cant find specifics on types of banner or thickness etc, and if theres any issues connected to it with setting it up. I want to try it but i worry ill bust a printhead in the attempt! any advice/experiences out there?

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
just create or download a media profile for the stock you want to use or just get a generic banner one from canon, a
Set the height in the media profile. and off you go.
Up to you to profile the stock properly for colour accuracy.

RavenRyza

just create or download a media profile for the stock you want to use or just get a generic banner one from canon, a
Set the height in the media profile. and off you go.
Up to you to profile the stock properly for colour accuracy.
is there any issues with "hair" from the vinyl messing with the print heads?

Snydo

I've ran HP Latex, and numerous brands of solvent machines and the Colorado is by far the best banner printer I have seen, miles better. I run FlexJet 13 oz. on the "GLPSA 13oz Forward Banner 356-US1812" profile with great results.

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
We make our own profiles but the Colorado LOVES banner material.

We tend to run ours on production mode but use the little workaround that still uses the AAC marks. Drops from 60sqm to 52sqm an hour but no banding and the gamut is still alright.

zspace

Premium Subscriber
is there any issues with "hair" from the vinyl messing with the print heads
We usually run better material, but with supplies they way they have been recently, we have run low end material with the hairs because it was all we could find. So far no issues with the heads. If you run it, keep an eye on your prints because the hairs will get stuck on the carriage and drag through the wet ink. It is no fun to through away a roll of material with lines across it.

RavenRyza

We usually run better material, but with supplies they way they have been recently, we have run low end material with the hairs because it was all we could find. So far no issues with the heads. If you run it, keep an eye on your prints because the hairs will get stuck on the carriage and drag through the wet ink. It is no fun to through away a roll of material with lines across it.
I see!! thank you very much for the response :)

kanluk

We make our own profiles but the Colorado LOVES banner material.

We tend to run ours on production mode but use the little workaround that still uses the AAC marks. Drops from 60sqm to 52sqm an hour but no banding and the gamut is still alright.
Hi. Could you please tell me how to run AAC in production mode on Colorado 1640?

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
The way we handle this is we find a good material we want to use, then send a roll to canon for benchmarking. Ask you sales rep how. This way we get a benchmark for exactly the material we want to run.

It takes time, but it has been our solution to head strikes.

Banners look great on our Canon Colorado 1650. I use a few different 13oz scrim banner profiles and an 18oz profile I downloaded from Canon. I usually have to make sure to advance the material until I can see it from the front because I've had the carriage stop on previous banner material. I think it was mostly a material issue and not a printer issue but I do it every time now just to be safe.

Christian @ 2CT Media

The way we handle this is we find a good material we want to use, then send a roll to canon for benchmarking. Ask you sales rep how. This way we get a benchmark for exactly the material we want to run.

It takes time, but it has been our solution to head strikes.
Why don't you do your own? It's not hard once you understand the starting points. Also, I find Canon loves to waste consumables and dump ink in their profiles... It's funny how they love to use the resource they sell the most of to us.