• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Colorado 1650 black back media

aparat

Hi, we have the 1640 model, and it can not print media with black back - we print a lot of decolit 251bw but can not do it on the colorado. Someone know if oce solved this problem on the 1650/1630? Same problem with transparent media without liner..

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
The sensors need to see the white stock to know the position on the platen and size it is.

So yes if the stock is clear with no backing, the sensors wont see it.

Im not sure what this stock is ith black back. what colour is the front/print size?

ikarasu

Dumb question, but can you cover the sensors and just tell it manually?

We print on black backed media (Magnetic receptive material) And in order to do it in our solvent, we have to cover the sensor and tell it the width manually. Our latex reads it fine - no colorado though, so I cant comment on that... but I imagine theres a way to bypass the sensors?

aparat

The sensors need to see the white stock to know the position on the platen and size it is.

So yes if the stock is clear with no backing, the sensors wont see it.

Im not sure what this stock is ith black back. what colour is the front/print size?
Print side is white, back is matte black..

aparat

Dumb question, but can you cover the sensors and just tell it manually?

We print on black backed media (Magnetic receptive material) And in order to do it in our solvent, we have to cover the sensor and tell it the width manually. Our latex reads it fine - no colorado though, so I cant comment on that... but I imagine theres a way to bypass the sensors?
Tried that, does not work, it is too smart.

Grizzly

It’s all about your print!
You could use a white print leader just to get it started and then it doesn't matter what they back color is.