• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Colorado 1650 hazy prints and mottle

coater

I am experiencing print mottle when printing glossy prints on canvas. Print environment is 70'F.

Any suggestions?

Bly

We had a similar thing happen on Avery 2611.
It was old media.
Fresh stock fixed the problem.

coater

Thank you for responding. The Canvas is only about 9 months old, running at 32'C using Canon ASTEK Poly Cotton profile.
If the media is too old you know what is happening to the media as it changes?
Thank you for any input you may have.

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
You may have had it 9 months, but it may have been in a warehouse for years.

I believe it is plasticiser migration. Whenever we get this issue we just throw it on the solvent. Only ever had it on old media’s that have sat about for a long time.

• Agree
Reactions: Bly
You may have had it 9 months, but it may have been in a warehouse for years.

I believe it is plasticiser migration. Whenever we get this issue we just throw it on the solvent. Only ever had it on old media’s that have sat about for a long time.

Coatings can degrade over time. Some media products have a date of manufacture on the box.

I would not expect an art canvas to contain plasticizers. Most digital print art canvas medias are made from cotton/ polyester blends. In this industry, plasticizers are put into PVC-based print medias to promote media flexibility - without them, PVC is fairly rigid, as is the case with PVC sheets and PVC irrigation pipes.

coater

Coatings can degrade over time. Some media products have a date of manufacture on the box.

I would not expect an art canvas to contain plasticizers. Most digital print art canvas medias are made from cotton/ polyester blends. In this industry, plasticizers are put into PVC-based print medias to promote media flexibility - without them, PVC is fairly rigid, as is the case with PVC sheets and PVC irrigation pipes.

Hi P Wagner thank you for your input. In your opinion could room temperature contribute to the hazy mottled prints we are experinceing?