• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Colorado Owners

GC Decor

Super Printer
Our Colorado just hit 71% and gave us notice to change waste bin (Yes we could have left it longer but tool menu stayed highlighted yellow warning )
Quick Swap out & total weight was 3lb 6oz (We removed the weight of an empty bin to start)- Convert to ounces 54 OZ - Convert to Liters 1.59 Liters. This was roughly 1 & Half months give or take a week. Back to Pauly's point - We do mainly small batch runs so our machine is cleaning its self more often. Taking Pauly tip with grouping more jobs together I think it will be less.

victor bogdanov

Our Colorado just hit 71% and gave us notice to change waste bin (Yes we could have left it longer but tool menu stayed highlighted yellow warning )
Quick Swap out & total weight was 3lb 6oz (We removed the weight of an empty bin to start)- Convert to ounces 54 OZ - Convert to Liters 1.59 Liters. This was roughly 1 & Half months give or take a week. Back to Pauly's point - We do mainly small batch runs so our machine is cleaning its self more often. Taking Pauly tip with grouping more jobs together I think it will be less.
you would need to know the specific weight of the ink to convert weight to volume

GC Decor

Super Printer
We did - the 1.59 L is close but not perfect - We had the full bottle of ink weight but we didn't have the weight of an empty bottle. Tomorrow I should be able to refill our Y ink so well have an empty to weight. This should get it even closer.

Evan Gillette

Thanks for the info, was talking to our rep this morning about a new machine with flx. Any other gripes or disappointments with these machines?

victor bogdanov

Thanks for the info, was talking to our rep this morning about a new machine with flx. Any other gripes or disappointments with these machines?
Love mine, 300k sqft printed on it in the last 9 months and only one minor problem (bad cable connection somewhere in the machine) that canon fixed same day

GC Decor

Super Printer
Great experience here as well, very fast. Dual roll feeder drawer, auto cleaning, auto alignment, there is so much technology in this machine it’s crazy. YouTube & canon have tons of videos of all the awesome features it has.

GC Decor

Super Printer
So I finally have a Empty Ink Ink Bottle - Weight was 5.5 oz (Empty) Full Ink Bottle 1L is 2lb 13oz. We got a final value of 1.3 L used per waste bin (71%) in 1.5 months (+/- a week).
This is our shops scenario as Pauly stated they get less waste because they only run full rolls - Small Batch Runs here so more cleaning. Not too bad for a production printer.