• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Colors dropping out - L25500

tylercrum

I'm having a problem with ink dropping out completely. The printer sat overnight without printing and when I came in this morning, almost all the color was gone when I printed the printhead test plot. Did a cleaning and they all came back. The black is the worst, it will drop out completely in the middle of printing. I've replaced printheads, new inks, new print head cleaning kithttp://www.amazon.com/dp/B007WM65DU/. Not really sure what else to do. Seems like a loss of suction, like something is letting air back up into the lines but I'm not real sure how to start troubleshooting that.

jayhawksigns

Haven't had that kind of issue here. Been one thing I have liked over the JV3, it just always prints.

How old is your printer? How much mileage is on it?

tylercrum

I've had this printer since March of 2010. I'm not sure how much vinyl I've put through it because I just had to replace the hard drive recently and it reset the counts. But I was right around 150,000 square feet last time I checked I just can't remember when that was.

HulkSmash

i had the same issues. a few of my heads went bad without telling me....

also another thing that may help is to add color bars to all your prints. Ever since I started doing that i haven't had a drop out.

Most rips can do it, or you'll have to add it manually in each document.

jayhawksigns

We did some banners a while back, grey background with black and blue letters. After the banner printed the first foot or whatever of just grey background, the first bit of the passes for the blue would be missing color. A lot like what Colorado is probably saying.

For us though it was just missing when it started to print the color, with yours dropping out I wouldn't think that would be the problem.

Hicalibersigns

We have only had this happen once. We printed a huge wall paper job (47' wide) that was almost all blue sky. The cyan head was just running out of ink. We used Colorodosigns fix and printed color bars. That took care of it.