• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Colors way off

juan45215

I know the colors on the computer screen do not match the printed colors exactly, but they are normally pretty close. All of a sudden there is a huge difference. I printed gray signs last month and now when I print the same file they come out light green. I had to adjust the color on the screen to pink to make it print gray.

I running an HP115 latex using the FlexiPrint HP Basic that came with the machine.
Any help will be appreciated

Brian Tickenoff

nozzle check… head alignment… re-linieralize…
Could be media as well. We got a bad batch of GF white perm a while back and it’s dyne lev was way

Red Alpha

I had similar issues that have taken me down a rabbit hole. It started out with the black looking green then I couldn't match greys. Now I'm about to replace ribbon cables and fuses after attempting to replace the dampers, cap top. I hope you have better luck

dasigndr

Premium Subscriber
to check print heads...
press settings
then service menu
then enter code 3174
then go to service utilities
then scan axis menu
then force drop detection.

If any 4 digit number on right or left of the slash is higher than 100, then that print head is no good.
Sometimes if you run a clean head cycle or 2 it will bring the head number down.

If any head is at 100 or ore you will start to get funky colours.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
What are you attempting to print? Vector? Bitmap? CMYK? RGB? Next, to what are your Rendering Intents set? Without knowing these things any advice offered most likely is somewhat less than effective.

Finally, in general and assuming a reasonably healthy printer, if what's on your monitor is not what's printing then adjust the monitor. Never forget the what comes out of the printer is the truth.