• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Colour Shifting between Mutoh 1604 machines

HK Dude

Good Day Everyone,

I am running across an interesting issue. I get my Mutoh 1604 used and got a few of them.
They are all running on same ink, RIP, and profiles.

1 of them (we will call it "Printer #A") acted strange when it first came in, as the colour seems to be off (for a lack of a more professional word, it looked "more purple")
Nozzles Good.
Changed a new print head and damper, same thing.
Got someone to come in and i1 a new profile for Printer #A based on its condition to see if it will help - no good.
So kind of let it sit and use this machine as spare part.

Today, another 1 that was running normally ("Printer B"), shifted colour and seems to be acting like "Printer #A" out of the blue (machine rest for a day before).
The print is now "more purple"...
Nozzles Good. Same ink, RIP, profiles, and material.... new Main-U and damper changed 4 weeks ago.
For some gut reasons, I think that Printer B is heading the way of Printer A...

Have spoke with local technicians, but they don't seems to have an answer.
Anyone ran into something like this?

7 Days till Christmas !!
Cheers : )

Ray

floater302

What rip are you using? I run 3 Mutohs and im running flexi and i make sure every setting is the same plus the print pattern is the same.