• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Come on people, no more with backlit

ams

The only time that I have done this was with a sign located in a dark skies ordinance. Backgrounds had to be darker in contrast to the letters. It turned out nice, but very subtle. Top speed on this street was 15mph and mostly walking traffic, so it worked for the environment. My point...there is a time and place for some of these things.

However this is on a major road, biggest in our city.

sff.jpg

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
So I was thinking... of course, still not seeing a pic of the sign at night...

What are the hours of this particular shopping center?
When is sunset?
Is that sign at the maximum size allowed?

Most retail locations only benefit from illumination for about 1-3 hours during business hours.... yet, during the day, where the sign is most needed, the contrast of this particular sign couldn't be better.

Graphics, and signs in general can not be everything to everybody, there is no way "most" signs are effective during every part of the day. For what this sign is, even if it's not as effective at night (though thats yet to be proven) this sign probably works fine as intended.

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
Looking at the overall pic, it's obvious to me... the sign is too small - especially from that highway, illuminating a letter that small and expecting it to be conspicuous from that distance was a stretch to begin with.. I found a pic of the other sign, it also looks to be like that have too much ambient lighting from the uprights flashing on the stone. I personally think it's a combination of a few things... baffling the uplighting and pinning the letters off more might help, but the sign is too small...

Around her, that sign and letters would me 2-3 times that size...

Attachments

• stonefield overall.jpeg
    stonefield overall.jpeg
    359.7 KB · Views: 242
  • Stonefield day:night.jpeg
    Stonefield day:night.jpeg
    223.1 KB · Views: 252

ams

So I was thinking... of course, still not seeing a pic of the sign at night...

What are the hours of this particular shopping center?
When is sunset?
Is that sign at the maximum size allowed?

Most retail locations only benefit from illumination for about 1-3 hours during business hours.... yet, during the day, where the sign is most needed, the contrast of this particular sign couldn't be better.

Graphics, and signs in general can not be everything to everybody, there is no way "most" signs are effective during every part of the day. For what this sign is, even if it's not as effective at night (though thats yet to be proven) this sign probably works fine as intended.

I am taking some night time photos of different jobs this weekend, so I'll post one then

visual800

Is that the actual wording you used in a correspondence or communication to the client?

You should have added, "Whatever you do, please don't use our company"

What was the issues with how I addressed client. I was very firm in lettering them know what they wanted was not going to work